Hi there! Today I have a different kind of post… my first award, the Liebster Award! Yay! 😀 Thank you so much to Dimple Malhotra from Enthralling Dimple for nominating me for this award! 🙂
Post eleven random facts about yourself.
Answer the eleven/ten questions the awarding blogger has posted for you.
Nominate eleven other bloggers with less than two-hundred followers and let them know about it.
Give them eleven questions to answer.
So, without further ado, let’s begin. 🙂
Eleven Random Facts About Me
- I wear glasses.
- The Hunger Games trilogy is among my favourite books, but when I first picked up The Hunger Games a couple years ago, I read only a couple pages and set it down because it simply didn’t catch my attention! After a couple months, I decided to give it another chance, picked it up again, and absolutely loved it!
- I collect special pins from places and landmarks I go to— like Disney World or Niagara Falls. I currently have fifty-six of them!
- I love spicy foods. And chocolate. And ice cream. And, well, food in general! 😉
- Some of my favourite genres included dystopian, Young Adult, historical fiction, fantasy, and classics.
- Grammar and spelling mistakes really, really bother me. Is there anyone else around here who can’t stand bad grammar?
- I am very clumsy— I can somehow knock things off their shelves without touching them!
- Some of the pets I’ve owned include: two parakeets, a hermit crab (rest in peace, Hermie!), and three chicks that grew into chickens.
- I love using emojis. 😛
- I do not own an eReader.
- I’ve played the violin for almost five years and counting.
Ten Questions + Answers
+ What is/are your favorite quote(s)?
A lot of my favourite quotes are by Dumbledore from Harry Potter:
- “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
- “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
- “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.”
+ What places would you like to visit and why?
Honestly, I would love to visit every country in the world! 🙂 After all, every country has its own culture, customs, language, cuisine, and history, and I just believe that trying to travel as many countries as possible and seeing how the rest of the world lives would be an amazing experience. It’s been on my bucket list for quite a while.
+ What is your favorite color?
At the moment, my favourite colours are plum purple, teal, and lime green.
+ Which book you wish you would’ve written?
Hmm, this is a hard one…
I wish that I wrote the Hunger Games trilogy, because everything about it is simply perfect— the plots, the characters, the settings, everything.
+ Physical books or eBooks? Why?
Physical books for the win! 😀 You can check out my Book Chat about physical books versus eBooks here.
+ Who is your role model?
My role model, bookwise, is Hermione Granger— she’s intelligent, independent, understanding, and a good friend, which are all traits that I value. Not to mention she can cast some mean spells. 😉
+ What is your favorite comfort food?
Definitely sunflower seeds! I am absolutely addicted to sunflower seeds. They’re probably really bad for your teeth (you have to crack open the shell with your front teeth), but they are perfect for munching on while reading or watching a movie. Yumm. 🙂
+ What is your dream job?
I’m still not sure, but my dream job is probably being a full-time literature and travel blogger and free-lance fictionwriter.
+ When did you buy your first book?
Probably when I was in second grade…? I’m estimating here.
+ How did you choose the name of your blog?
I decided to call it after a nickname that one of my closest friends gave me— Yasimone. 🙂
Now onto the questions and nominations:
Questions + Nominations
- If you could read only one genre for the next year, which genre would you pick? Why?
- What is a book or book series that you did not like, despite everybody else loving it?
- What’s your favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
- Are you a night owl or day person?
- Which number is closest to the amount of books you own—25, 50, 100, 150, or 200+?
- Besides your house, where do you prefer reading?
- Name one book character that you would like to have dinner with.
- Would you survive the Hunger Games? Why or why not?
- What are four words that describe you?
- Which are better— cats or dogs?
- And finally, what advice would you give to newbie bloggers?
As for the nominations… I nominate you! If you’re reading this, have a blog, and want to do the Liebster Award, go ahead! 🙂 I’d love to see the answers to my questions!
Thanks for reading, and once again, thanks to Dimple Malhotra for the nomination!
Have a lovely day, everyone!