Hello again, friends!
As we all know, Valentine’s Day is today. 😀 And I’m sure while some of us have lovely plans, others will be content with living romance vicariously through books. 😛
Since, last year, I wrote a post called This Valentine’s Day, Buy Someone A Book, (It’s been exactly a year and two days since I wrote that! Goodness me, how time flies) I thought I’d continue the tradition and publish something Valentine’s Day-related. We haven’t had one of these Words to Use More Often posts in a while, so here you have fourteen words that, for whatever reason, remind me of love. Enjoy!
- a love letter.
- excessively sweet or sentimental.
- a trace of something that is disappearing or no longer exists.
- the act of loving someone in return; requiting one’s love.
- a very happy or peaceful time or situation.
adjective or adverb
- (of music) very soft or softly.
- (of the heart) to beat fast or irregularly.
- a brief, sharp pang of emotion.
- an enthusiastic or ecstatic expression of feeling.
- having a soft glow or sheen.
- idealistic but impractical; overly romantic
- a daydream; the state of being pleasantly lost in one’s thoughts.
- a private, romantic rendezvous between lovers.
- sing in a trilling or quavering voice